Can be connected directly – save time, space and costs
HF reader BIS M-4008 – communicate directly with the control system
The 13.56 MHz readers are used for the contactless identification of data carriers at workpieces and workpiece carriers in the production process. This all-in-one RFID reader is connected directly to the control level via a Profinet interface. There is no need for an additional evaluation unit.
Easy system expansion
The integrated two-port Ethernet switch allows both RT (real time) and IRT (isochronous real time) to be used in linear and annular topology. Expanding the system is also simple and inexpensive because additional external switches are not required. Device master data is available as a GSDML file for the purpose of performing parametrisation in a manner which is appropriate to the model.
The simple connection concept involves inexpensive four-pin M12 standard cables being used both for power and for Profinet.
Fast: Read up to 10,000 bytes per second
BIS M-4008 readers support data carriers in accordance with RFID standard ISO 15693. The readers are also the right choice if a large quantity of data is to be transmitted in an extremely short time as the BIS M-4008 readers read and write several thousands of bytes per second in combination with Balluff high-speed/high-memory tags.
Data carriers directly at the workpiece make production more flexible. All parameters and production steps can be recorded directly, thereby relieving the central control system of the need to perform this task. The data carriers are available in a wide range of memory sizes up to a maximum of 128 kByte.
Installation directly on metal
The robust, compact housing with IP67 protection rating is perfectly suited to field installation in a harsh industrial environment. It can be installed on metal without free zones as it consists of die-cast zinc. An earthing strip (supplied) ensures perfect electromagnetic compatibility.
Essential features at a glance
- Robust die-cast zinc housing for installation directly on metal
- Less complex wiring as a result of the direct Profinet connection
- LED indicators which can be seen from any direction for diagnosis directly at the plant
- Integrated web server for convenient remote condition monitoring
- Variable fastening concept for flexible installation
- The right data carrier for every application: Compatible with tags according to RFID standard ISO 15693 and suitable for use in Balluff high-speed systems
- Use of four-pin M12 standard cables for power and Profinet connection
- Easy S7 programming due to prefabricated functional modules
- Material flow control in production plants
- Conveyor systems in machine construction
- Assembly lines
The flexible fastening concept allows the reader to be variably fitted to the roller conveyor.
|All-in-one RFID reader BIS M-4008|