Reliable signal transmission in electrical interference fields
For weld currents and electromagnetic interference fields
Balluff is presenting a new range of network modules that has been developed specifically for use in the extreme conditions of a welding environment. These weld-resistant modules made from fibre-glass-refinforced plastic reliably resist weld spatter, weld currents and electromagnetic interference fields, and guarantee reliable signal transmission despite interference in a working environment.
They are also easy to install – yet another benefit.
Decentralised system architecture via IO-Link
The IO-Link master and IO-link sensor/actuator hubs, all come with eight IO-Link ports for 16 inputs and outputs for innovative fieldbus solutions.
IO-Link, with efficient point-to-point connection, enables the construction of a decentralised system architecture in the welding cell outside of the control cabinet. Network nodes, which are equipped with an IO-Link master, communicate with the system controls or the machine control device directly via Ethernet/IP.
A wide variety of intelligent sensors or I/O modules with IO-Link interface can be connected to the IO-Link ports. This results in simple structures that benefit from a large degree of flexibility.
Parameters can easily be transferred. Reliable monitoring is ensured via continuous diagnostics. The affordable, three-core, unshielded industrial cables are quick to install.
Benefits of I/O modules
- Eight IO-Link ports to connect all IO-Link devices
- Up to 16 inputs/outputs each with an LED for error diagnostics:
Each input is short-circuit proof,
Each output is protected against overload
- Clearly visible status LED to monitor ports and network communication
- Integrated web server to show module information (IP address, settings, parameters, etc.)
- Integrated two-port switch for daisy-chained networks
- Clear display for extra information (version, IP address, module name, etc.)
Benefits of sensor/actuator hubs with IO-Link
- Clearly visible LEDs for indicating functions
- Up to 16 inputs or configurable inputs/outputs available:
- Expansion port to connect an IO-Link valve terminal or an IO-Link sensor/actuator hub (adds another 30 I/O)
The weld-resistant modules guarantee reliable signal transmission under the extreme conditions on welding robots.