Strategic Account Manager - Automotive (MI)
Balluff is seeking a Strategic Account Manager focused on the automotive industry and the key accounts that define the market (end users, OEMs, system integrators, consultants, etc. The position is based in Detroit, MI.
- Execute Balluff’s strategy for defined industry; penetrate targeted southern automotive industry accounts, as well as major projects.
- Achieve annual revenue targets
- Initiate sales activity with top level management in target industry accounts and coordinate cross functional sales team.
- Become subject matter expert (SME) for selected industry. Support OEM teams as SME, as needed.
- Discover and validate total cost of ownership (TCO) differentiators within target industry accounts.
- Understand target market product trends and specifications and communicate requirements to Industry Management groups.
- Recommend focused marketing activities for the target industry and target accounts.
- Manage partnerships with internal & external resources at Balluff to accomplish objectives. Leverage globalization.
- Provide global coordination of southern automotive industry key accounts.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- 25-50% overnight travel within assigned geography, with occasional overseas travel
- Knowledge of and belief in formal sales processes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the defined market: automotive OEM’s, end-users, SI’s, and consultants, with in-depth knowledge of application, manufacturing and/or engineering processes
- Significant network of contacts, and ability to network in the defined market
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presence to deal effectively with senior-level contacts
- Excellent communication skills, including large group presentation skills
- Ability to learn Balluff’s products and recommend technical applications to meet customer needs
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, SAP
- Sales experience with some or all of the following:
o PLC’s, HMI’s, Industrial PC’s. Software, and interfaces
o Motion Control (Servo) and CNC's
o VFD (Inverters)
o Complimentary products/solutions