We are delighted that you are visiting our website and that you have shown an interest in our company. The protection of your personal data is very important to us.
Using the information below we want to inform you about the processing of your personal data when you visit our website. Naturally we observe the statutory provisions, particularly the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-new).
1. Who is responsible for data processing and who can I contact?
Responsible body within the meaning of GDPR
Further information can be found in the legal notice (Imprint).
Should you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact our corporate data protection officer:
You can reach the corporate data protection officer by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter "for the attention of (FAO) Data Protection Commissioner" to our postal address.
2. Processing of personal data when visiting our website
Personal data is data that can identify you directly or indirectly, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, account details, or your date of birth.
When using the website for information purposes, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise submit information to us, we collect the usage data which is gathered by the web analysis service used by us, Google Analytics. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. f GDPR. You can find more information about this, particularly with regard to your rights, in point 5.
Apart from the use of our website for purely information purposes, we offer different services which you can use if you are interested and for which you voluntarily disclose your personal data.
More information can be found in the points below.
3. Legal bases
Insofar as we obtain consent from the data subjects for the processing of personal data, Art. 6 Para. 1 let. a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as a legal basis. For the processing of personal data that is required for the fulfillment of a contract, whose contracting party is the data subject, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as a legal basis. This shall also apply to processing operations that are required for the implementation of precontractual measures. Insofar as the processing of personal data is required for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, to which our company is subject, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as a legal basis. For cases where vital interests of the data subject or another natural person make necessary the processing of personal data, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as a legal basis. If the processing is required to safeguard the legitimate interest of our company or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, then Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR shall serve as a legal basis for the processing.
More information can be found in the individual features of our website.
Cookies are used on this website. A cookie is a small file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally stored in order to offer users additional features on our website.
We use the following types of cookies, whose scope and operating principle are explained below:
- transient cookies (see 4.1)
- persistent cookies (see 4.2)
4.1 Transient cookies
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. They include, in particular, session cookies. They save a so-called session ID which can be used to assign different queries from your browser to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
4.2 Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Click on the HELP feature in your browser if you want to find out more about this.
Please note that you may not be able to use all features on the subsequent website if you block or delete cookies.
The flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are placed on your end device. These objects store the necessary data irrespective of the browser used by you and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want to allow the processing of flash cookies, you have to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. BetterPrivacy for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to privacy mode. We also recommend you manually delete your cookies and the browser history on a regular basis.
More information about the cookies can be found here.
5. Use of Google Analytics
The IP address transferred by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data of Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting on your browser software; however, please note that with this setting you may not be able to fully use all features of this website. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are only processed further in abbreviated form to prevent them from being directly linked to a particular individual. If a personal connection can be made from the data collected about you, it is rejected immediately and the personal data is deleted straight away.
We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze and regularly improve the usage of our website. Using the statistics we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptions, where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. f GDPR.
This website also uses Google Analytics for the analysis of visitors across multiple devices, which is done using a user ID. You can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting on your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this website.
You can also prevent Google collecting your data in conjunction with Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics on this website by clicking on the link below. An opt-out cookie is placed that prevents the collection of your data in the future when you visit this website:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
5.1. Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a solution with which we can manage so-called website tags via a single interface (and, e.g., integrate Google Analytics, as well as other Google Marketing services, in our online offer). The Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) does not process any personal data of the users. Refer to the following information on Google services with regard to the processing of personal data of the users. Usage Guidelines: www.google.com/intl/de/tagmanager/use-policy.html.
5.2. Google Universal Analytics
We use Google Analytics in the form of "Universal Analytics". "Universal Analytics" describes a procedure of Google Analytics where the user analysis is effected on the basis of a pseudonym user ID and thus a pseudonymous user profile is created with information from the usage of different devices (so-called "Cross Device Tracking").
6. Other features and offers of our website
Apart from using our website for purely informative purposes, we also offer different services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you generally have to provide personal data which we use to provide the respective service and for which the principles of data processing apply.
Sometimes we use external service providers to operate our website and the associated processes. We observe the requirements of Art. 28 GDPR, § 62 BDSG-new. We concluded a contract on the processing in accordance with instructions with the processors, which ensures that your personal data is processed for a specific purpose and not disclosed.
If your data has to be processed by a provider in a third country (countries without corresponding data protection law), the processing is protected by international contracts in accordance with the European requirements.
Information on the suitable or appropriate guarantees and the option to obtain a copy thereof can be made available by the Data Protection Commissioner on request.
Our website also uses features of other service providers. You are redirected to the actual website of the service provider for their use. You are informed accordingly before the redirect. You can view the respective privacy statements on the websites of the service providers.
As the offers of these service providers are made under their own name and for their own purposes, Balluff is unable to influence these offers or assume responsibility for the respective offers.
6.1 Contact form
On our website we also offer you the opportunity to contact us directly. When making contact by e-mail or using our contact form the data submitted by you (your e-mail address, name, and telephone number) is saved by us in order to respond to your queries. We shall delete the data generated in conjunction with this after the storage is no longer required and no legal retention periods prevent the deletion.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 Para. 1 let. a and provided the prerequisites are met Art. 6 let. b GDPR.
6.2 Use of our online shop
When you use our online shop we process your data within the scope of the order process. For the processing of the contracts necessary mandatory details are marked separately, other information is voluntary.
We have involved other service providers for the payment processing. Your bank details are transferred to the responsible bank or credit institution, as well as the authorized payment service provider. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. b GDPR, i.e. the processing is required for the fulfillment of the contract.
Further information on the data protection policy of our payment service provider can be found under the following link: www.concardis.com/de-en/protecting-your-data
You can voluntarily create a customer account via which we can save your data for further purchases. When creating an account the data specified by you is saved until further notice. You can always delete your data that we are not under a legal obligation to store in the customer area.
The legal basis for the storage of your personal data in this connection is Art. 6 let. a GDPR.
Owing to commercial law and tax regulations we are obligated to save your address, payment, and order details for a period of ten years.
The ordering process is encrypted using SSL technology to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, particularly bank details.
After the checkout we conduct an anonymous survey. This can be completed on a voluntary basis. No personal data is stored or passed on.
This survey includes a satisfaction rating and a comments section. The aim is to further develop the online shop and improve customer satisfaction.
We require your consent for the subscription to our newsletter, which informs you about interesting new products.
We use the so-called double opt-in process for the registration. This means that after you register you automatically receive an e-mail to the e-mail address you submitted. In this e-mail we ask you to confirm your e-mail address. We also save the confirmation logs. The purpose of the process is to be able to prove your registration.
Only your e-mail address is required for sending the newsletter. The disclosure of other, separately marked data is voluntary and is used in order to be able to address you personally.
After your confirmation we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. a GDPR.
You may revoke your consent at any time. This can be done by clicking on the link in every newsletter e-mail or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For sending the newsletter we make use of a service provider with its registered office in Germany, who has been bound by us to comply with the data protection laws and who shall ensure that your data is only used for sending the Balluff newsletter. Your data only exists in European data centers.
Our e-mail newsletters may contain links which lead you to special Balluff websites. In this way we can measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives. These evaluations are effected on the basis of anonymized data so that no conclusions can be made about your identity. The newsletters may also contain links to third-party websites.
We shall only save your data for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After you unsubscribe we shall block your data given in this context so that you no longer receive any newsletters from us in the future.
6.4 Use of Chat feature
If you want to receive direct information or help on our products, services, or other information about Balluff, you have the option to contact us directly and quickly via the Chat feature on our website (at certain times). To take part in the live chat, we require your name and e-mail address. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 let. f) GDPR. Our "interest" pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 let. f) is communication with the respective users by online chat. If you share other personal data with us during the live chat, this information is provided on a voluntary basis.
We shall delete the data generated in conjunction with this after the storage is no longer required and no legal retention periods prevent the deletion.
6.5 Use of social media icons
We have configured social media icons on our website. You can reach the following social media platforms with a simple mouse click: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Xing and LinkedIn. When you visit our website, in principle no personal data is forwarded to the providers. You can recognize the providers of the platforms by the logo. We give you the option to reach their website directly via the icon in Balluff posts.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing methods nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, and the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion.
By clicking on the icon we give you the option of obtaining information from Balluff on the respective platform. The legal basis for the usage is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. f GDPR.
Below you can find the addresses of the social media platforms where you can view their privacy statements.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
www.facebook.com/policy.php Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066 USA, policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en, Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA,
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; www.xing.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6.6 CAD drawings/3D models
On our website we offer you the option of downloading CAD drawings/3D models. To this end, we utilize the service of the external provider CADENAS GmbH, to whose website you are redirected. The personal data that you disclose on this occasion is further processed by CADENAS GmbH. You can find information about the processing by CADENAS GmbH in its privacy statement.
6.7 Career portal
Our website informs you about all vacancies in Balluff. You can also apply directly for these jobs on our website. We use the portal of the external provider Haufe Service Center GmbH (Umantis), to whose site you are automatically redirected.
Information on data protection within the framework of your application is regulated separately and accessible via our job portal site.
6.8 Integration of YouTube videos
1) We have embedded YouTube videos in our online offer, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website.
2) When you visit the website YouTube is informed that you called up the corresponding subpage from our website. YouTube also collects the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website from where the request has come from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
This occurs irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account, via which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research, and/or the needs-based design of its website. Any such analysis is effected particularly (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of appropriate advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must submit the objection to YouTube.
3) More information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the privacy statement. There you also obtain further information about your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6.9 Integration of Google Maps
1) We use Google Maps on this website. This means that we display interactive maps directly in the website and facilitate the convenient use of the map function.
2) When you visit the website Google is informed that you called up the corresponding subpage from our website. Google also collects the data listed under 6.8 2). This occurs irrespective of whether Google provides a user account, via which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your Google profile, you have to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research, and/or the needs-based design of its website. Any such analysis is effected particularly (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of appropriate advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must submit the objection to Google.
3) More information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider's privacy statement. There you also obtain further information about your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6.10 Callback function
On our website there is the option to receive a callback from a member of our sales team. This service is available during regular opening hours.
With this function you have the option to contact us quickly and directly. For this we use a service from the company Callpage.
In order to use this function, we request you give your telephone number. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Section 1 lit. a) GDPR. By entering the telephone number, you consent to the one-off callback. If you share other personal data with us via the callback function, this information is provided on a voluntary basis.
We shall delete the data generated in conjunction with this after the storage is no longer required and no legal retention periods prevent the deletion.
6.11 Platform for virtual online events
We offer you the opportunity to participate in virtual online events. For this we are using the services and platform of 6Connex. For registration and participation in such events, the following personal data is collected, processed and stored:
- Title, first name, last name, company, country, postal code, e-mail address
- In addition, the following data can be optionally specified: Function, topics of interest, how did you hear about the event, profile picture
Your personal data is exclusively stored in data centers located in Germany. The storage period is one year. For the processing and use of personal data for marketing and sales purposes, your consent will be obtained during registration and reference will be made to this data protection declaration. You can revoke this consent at any time.
Participants of such events can use a chat function. The function is also available to the participants among themselves. Only chats, which are moderated by Balluff, are stored and can be exported.
Additionally, participants have the possibility to use a video chat/video meeting function of Whereby. The tool is not integrated into the 6Connex platform and no data is exchanged between the systems. No registration is required to use the tool, only a name or nick name must be chosen. These chats are neither saved nor exported.
For analysis and statistical purposes, your usage data is collected and processed during virtual online events. We use these functions because of our legitimate interest in targeted advertising. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 Para. 1 let. a and, if the conditions are met, Art. 6 let. b GDPR.
7. Use of retargeting tools
We use so-called retargeting technology on our website. We use retargeting in order to categorize website visitors into user groups. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. f GDPR.
7.1 Facebook retargeting
So that we can use relevant news and ads on Facebook – and in order to measure our marketing success, we have installed the Facebook pixel on our sites – and thus the retargeting/remarketing tool of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. When you visit our website and accept marketing cookies, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Facebook server via the Facebook pixel code. Facebook receives information that you visited our page with your IP address. This means that Facebook can assign the visit to our sites to your user account. We do not receive any information about the content of the data transferred, as well as its use by Facebook. And we are unable to assign this data to you as a person. More information about options for protecting your privacy on Facebook can be found in the privacy statements of Facebook online at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can manage which content and information you shared by using Facebook via the "Activity log" tool or download it from Facebook via the "Download your data" tool.
If you want to deactivate the retargeting via Facebook for your browser, please use the opt-out function in the cookie setting.
7.2. Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offers using ads (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. In so doing, our aim is to show you ads that are of interest to you, make our website more interesting for you, and achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) This advertising media is delivered by Google via a so-called "Ad Server". To this end, we use Ad Server cookies through which certain parameters can be measured for the performance measurement, like insertion of ads or clicks by the user. If you reach our website from a Google ad, a cookie is stored by Google Adwords on your PC. These cookies generally lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to personally identify you. For this cookie the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions), as well as opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be contacted), are generally saved as analysis values.
(3) These cookies allow Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an AdWords customer and the cookie stored on his computer is not yet expired, Google and the customer are able to recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to every AdWords customer. Cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. We do not collect and process any personal data in the stated advertising measures. Google only provides us with statistical analyses. On the basis of these analyses, we are able to recognize which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive additional data from the use of advertising media. Moreover, we are unable to identify the users using this information.
(4) Owing to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further processing of the data that is collected by Google through the use of this tool, and we therefore inform you according to the level of information known: With the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google receives information that you called up the corresponding page of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered for a Google service, Google may assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or not logged in, there is the possibility that the provider finds out and saves your IP address.
(5) You can prevent the participation in this tracking process in different ways: a) with a corresponding setting in your browser software, particularly the rejection of third-party cookies means that you do not receive any ads from third-party providers; b) by deactivation of cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies are blocked from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivation of the interest-related ads from providers, which are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads", via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome under the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this offer.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 let. f GDPR. More information about data protection at Google can be found here: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. Duration of storage
We shall only store your personal data for as long as is required for the intended purpose of data collection, or as required by law. The data is only stored beyond this period if this is required according to laws, rules, or other regulations of the European Union or a member state of the European Union, to which we are subject. More information can be found in the individual features of our website.
9. Objection to processing of your data or revocation of consent
If you gave your consent for the processing of your data, you can revoke it again at any time for future effect. You can send your notice of revocation to email@example.com. Please note that we may be legally bound to continue to store the data despite receipt of the objection or cancellation.
You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. The contact details can be found under point 1.
10. Your rights
If your personal data is processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR, and you have the following rights vis-a-vis the responsible body:
- Right of access
- Right of rectification or erasure
- Right of limiting the processing
- Right of objection to the processing
- Right of data portability
You have the right to file a complaint at any time with the data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
11. Changes to the privacy statement
Due to the dynamic development of the Internet offer and possible legislative amendments, it may be necessary to adapt our privacy statement from time to time. Therefore, you should always take note of the current version of our privacy statement.