Reliable position feedback for all Ex zones
Many applications in potentially explosive areas require the use of position measurement systems for reliable position feedback. For example, isolation and control valves used in oil and gas extraction, in refineries and in petrochemical plants.
For the Ex zones 0 and 1, Balluff offers magnetostrictive linear position sensors in various rod designs. Our pressure-encapsulated designs have varying performance profiles, for example, for areas where there is a risk relating to gas or dust. There are also variants available to you for use in Ex zone 2, which can withstand the potentially explosive conditions there.
The housings of our magnetostrictive linear position sensors are robust and pressure-encapsulated. The electronics module can be changed quickly and easily. This means that all variants meet the requirements set by the oil and gas industries for high reliability and simple service.
- IECEx, ATEX, NEC and many additional international certifications
- Can be used for zones 0, 1 and 2
- Measurement ranges up to 7620 mm
- Absolute output signal with high resolution of up to 5 µm
- Pressure rated to 600 bar
- Range of interfaces available
- Space-saving thanks to short housing
- Fast commissioning through characteristic curve adjustment
Isolation and control valves used in oil and gas extraction, in refineries and in petrochemical plants