Safety over IO-Link
Safety over IO-Link combines safety technology and automation technology into one system, enabling you to get the best of both worlds. Our IO-Link blocks for safety applications permit applications up to PLe/SIL3 and are equally suitable for the connection of standard commercially available binary sensors and actuators. Thanks to universally usable M12 standard lines, you also save time and money, optimize the machine design, simplify commissioning and increase rationality. In addition, you can group the machine functions and/or machine areas on a module and in this way optimize the structural overview of the machine.
IO-Link blocks for safety applications are remotely serviceable via the known IO-Link Diagnostic Tools and in the event of service can be replaced. Good for reducing downtimes to a minimum. Their suitability for use in the field permits equipment installations outside of the control cabinet. Even under harsh environmental conditions, such as the presence of dust, dirt, oils, water, emulsions, mechanical stresses and much more. You will see: In the future, all indications are for connecting actuators, safety switches, safety sensors and even reliable guard locking devices directly in the field.
- Infrastructure for automation and safety technology up to PLe / SIL3 via IO-Link
- Low maintenance costs when service is needed – diagnosis is thorough and component replacement easy
- Cost savings thanks to uniform M12 single-ended cordsets
- Fewer IP addresses necessary
- Standardized wiring concept, reliable guard locking devices can be connected directly
- Connection options for nearly any safety device