Control motors and drives with absolute precision
Balluff's Nonius 2-track absolute encoder disc technology is gaining a reputation in the motor encoder world as best-in-class. When combined with a high-quality sensing chip, the high-quality rotary disk delivers unparalleled accuracy for motor shaft position feedback. Balluff absolute rotary disk systems find application anywhere that motor shaft position must be known in real time, for example steer-by-wire electric steering systems. Another application for this technology is in torque motors that are used to index a rotating mechanism to a precise angular location, within < ±0.2° absolute error per rotation.
Compared to alternatives like glass, Mylar, or metal encoder wheels, the advantages of magnetic targets for motor feedback include immunity from contamination by dirt, dusts, and liquids and much higher tolerance of shock and vibration.
- Compact 30 mm outer diameter
- Off-axis sensor location minimizes effects of shaft runout
- 32/31 2-track Nonius system
- Pole pitch: 1.28 mm (master track), 0.96 (Nonius / vernier track)
- Compatible with popular reader chips such as iC-MU (iC-Haus)
- Aluminum carrier with rubber ferrite magnetic material
- Temperature range - 40° C to +85° C