Reliable adjustment of water pressure
In Pelton turbines, the speed of the impeller, and thus the power produced, is controlled via nozzles in the water jet. At several inlet nozzles there is high pressure of up to 200 bar, which has to be adjusted quickly and smoothly. Balluff's magnetostrictive linear position sensors are installed in the hydraulic cylinder that operates the nozzles, providing precise position feedback for accurate control.
- Compact design for easy integration
- Non-contact wear-free operation for long service life
- Pressure-rated for installation inside hydraulic cylinders
- Absolute position signal; no homing required after power interruption
- Available for most popular control interfaces