Reliable and cost-effective solution for higher wind power plant efficiency
To achieve maximum efficiency in wind power plants, the turbine nacelles must be oriented to the prevailing wind. Balluff's inductive proximity sensors detect the position directly at the gear ring of the azimuth adjustment and make it possible to reliably move the nacelle to the optimum position.
Balluff's robust sensors are ideally suited for inexpensively and redundantly supplementing the primary feedback from a rotary encoder. In contrast to rotary encoders, inductive proximity sensors mount simply and require special couplings.
- Rugged, fully-potted electronics
- Shock- and vibration-resistant
- Non-contact and wear-free for long service life
- Suitable for wide temperature and humidity fluctuations
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel housings