We are delighted that you are visiting our website and that you have shown an interest in our company. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Using the information below we want to inform you about the processing of your personal data or information when you visit our website. Naturally we observe the statutory provisions, particularly the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “IT Rules, 2011”).
1. Who is responsible for data processing and who can I contact?
Balluff Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Balluff”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
You can contact us using the following details:
Responsible body within the meaning of GDPR
Should you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints about this privacy notice or the ways we collect/store your personal data, please contact our corporate data protection officer.
You can contact our corporate data protection officer by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter „for the attention of/FAO Data Protection Manager“ to our postal address above.
2. Processing and usage of personal data when visiting our website
We gather two basic types of information through the website: (i) „Personal Data“ is data that can identify you directly or indirectly, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, account details, or your date of birth, and (ii) „Aggregate Information,“ that is information from which an individual cannot be identified.
When using the website for information purposes, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise submit information to us, we collect the usage data which is gathered by the web analysis service used by us, Google Analytics. You can find more information about this, particularly with regard to your rights, in point 5.
Apart from the use of our website for purely information purposes, we offer different services which you can use if you are interested and for which you voluntarily disclose your personal data or information.
More information can be found in the points below.
3. Why we collect the personal data
3.1 We may use your personal data or information for any of the following purposes:
- Provide customer service.
- Provide commercial quotes for our products.
- Manage your subscriptions, if any.
- Allow you to subscribe to newsletters, send product updates or technical alerts.
- Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions.
- Solicit your opinion or feedback. Research and implement product improvements and product updates.
- Secure our systems and applications.
- Allow for provisioning of services.
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may use your Information for the following:
We may use your information to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs.
3.3 Business Purposes
We may also use your data for internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing its businesses. The data collected from the website may be combined with other information collected by us via other online or offline sources.
3.4 Critical Communications
We may from time to time and as may be necessary, use your personal data or information to send emails consisting of important information regarding the website or for notifying any amendments or modifications to our terms, conditions, and policies with respect to use of this website. Since critical emails would consist of important information you shall not have the option of not receiving critical emails.
We do not directly contact children under the age of 18 years for promotion of its special offers or for marketing purposes. We also do not knowingly collect personal data or information from any child under the age of 18 years.
4. Sharing of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data or information to the following entities only to the extent the same is required for us to provide you services or on our behalf:
Balluff GmbH and its family of companies.
4.2 Business Partners
We also may disclose your information to entities that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that run service centres, maintain this website, to perform data integrity checks, to provide website optimisation services, to deliver advertisements on this website, to send mail or email, and/or to provide customer service. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us and are required by contract to use any information we share with them only to perform services to us or on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal data or information.
4.3 Other Parties
There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as court orders, etc.,);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services;
- to protect our rights and property or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers;
- as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- when you consent to or request such sharing.
Cookies are used on this website. A cookie is a small file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally stored in order to offer users additional features on our website.
We use the following types of cookies, whose scope and operating principle are explained below:
- transient cookies (see 4.1)
- persistent cookies (see 4.2)
5.1. Transient cookies
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. They include, in particular, session cookies. They save a so-called session ID which can be used to assign different queries from your browser to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
5.2. Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Click on the HELP feature in your browser if you want to find out more about this.
Please note that you may not be able to use all features on the subsequent website if you block or delete cookies.
The flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are placed on your end device. These objects store the necessary data irrespective of the browser used by you and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want to allow the processing of flash cookies, you have to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. Better Privacy for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to privacy mode. We also recommend you manually delete your cookies and the browser history on a regular basis.
More information about the cookies can be found here.
6. Use of Google Analytics
The IP address transferred by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data of Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting on your browser software; however, please note that with this setting you may not be able to fully use all features of this website. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are only processed further in abbreviated form to prevent them from being directly linked to a particular individual. If a personal connection can be made from the data collected about you, it is rejected immediately and the personal data is deleted straight away.
We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze and regularly improve the usage of our website. Using the statistics we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptions, where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
This website also uses Google Analytics for the analysis of visitors across multiple devices, which is done using a user ID. You can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting on your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this website.
You can also prevent Google collecting your data in conjunction with Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics on this website by clicking on the link below. An opt-out cookie is placed that prevents the collection of your data in the future when you visit this website:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland,
Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
6.1 Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a solution with which we can manage so-called website tags via a single interface (and, e.g., integrate Google Analytics, as well as other Google Marketing services, in our online offer). The Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) does not process any personal data of the users. Refer to the following information on Google services with regard to the processing of personal data of the users. Usage Guidelines: www.google.com/intl/de/tagmanager/use-policy.html.
6.2 Google Universal Analytics
We use Google Analytics in the form of “Universal Analytics”. “Universal Analytics” describes a procedure of Google Analytics where the user analysis is effected on the basis of a pseudonym user ID and thus a pseudonymous user profile is created with information from the usage of different devices (so-called “Cross Device Tracking”).
7. Other features and offers of our website
Apart from using our website for purely informative purposes, we also offer different services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you generally have to provide personal data or information which we use to provide the respective service and for which the principles of data processing apply.
Sometimes we use external service providers to operate our website and the associated processes. We observe the requirements of the IT Rules, 2011. We concluded a contract on the processing in accordance with instructions with the processors, which ensures that your personal data is processed for a specific purpose and not disclosed further.
If your data has to be processed by a service provider in a country other than India, the processing is protected by the written contracts ensuring that the parties with whom we shall be sharing your personal data or information shall maintain the same or greater level of data protection and security as adhered by us. By using or participating in any of our services and /or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of India.
Our website also uses features of other service providers. You are redirected to the actual website of the service provider for their use. You are informed accordingly before the redirect. You can view the respective privacy statements on the websites of the service providers.
As the offers of these service providers are made under their own name and for their own purposes, we are unable to influence these offers or assume responsibility for the respective offers.
7.1 Contact form
On our website we also offer you the opportunity to contact us directly. When making contact by e-mail or using our contact form the personal data or information submitted by you (your e-mail address, name, and telephone number) is saved by us in order to respond to your queries. We shall delete such data generated in conjunction with this after the storage is no longer required in accordance with the applicable laws.
7.2 Use of social media icons
We have configured social media icons on our website. You can reach the following social media platforms with a simple mouse click: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.When you visit our website, in principle no personal data is forwarded to the providers. You can recognize the providers of the platforms by the logo. We give you the option to reach their website directly via the icon in Balluff posts.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing methods nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, and the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion.
By clicking on the icon we give you the option of obtaining information from Balluff on the respective platform.
Below you can find the addresses of the social media platforms where you can view their privacy statements.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066 USA, policies.google.com/privacy, Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA,
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/ EU-US-Framework.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
7.3 CAD drawings/3D models
On our website we offer you the option of downloading CAD drawings/3D models. To this end, we utilize the service of the external provider CADENAS GmbH, to whose website you are redirected. The personal data that you disclose on this occasion is further processed by CADENAS GmbH. You can find information about the processing by CADENAS GmbH in its privacy statement.
7.4 Integration of YouTube videos
1) We have embedded YouTube videos in our online offer, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website.
2) When you visit the website YouTube is informed that you called up the corresponding subpage from our website. YouTube also collects the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website from where the request has come from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
This occurs irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account, via which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research, and/or the needs-based design of its website. Any such analysis is effected particularly (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of appropriate advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must submit the objection to YouTube.
3) More information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the privacy statement. There you also obtain further information about your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
7.5 Integration of Google Maps
1) We use Google Maps on this website. This means that we display interactive maps directly in the website and facilitate the convenient use of the map function.
2) When you visit the website Google is informed that you called up the corresponding subpage from our website. Google also collects the data listed under 6.8.2 above. This occurs irrespective of whether Google provides a user account, via which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your Google profile, you have to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research, and/or the needs-based design of its website. Any such analysis is effected particularly (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of appropriate advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must submit the objection to Google.
3) More information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider‘s privacy statement. There you also obtain further information about your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
8. Use of retargeting tools
We use so-called retargeting technology on our website. We use retargeting in order to categorize website visitors into user groups.
8.1 Facebook retargeting
So that we can use relevant news and ads on Facebook – and in order to measure our marketing success, we have installed the Facebook pixel on our sites – and thus the retargeting/remarketing tool of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. When you visit our website and accept marketing cookies, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Facebook server via the Facebook pixel code. Facebook receives information that you visited our page with your IP address. This means that Facebook can assign the visit to our sites to your user account. We do not receive any information about the content of the data transferred, as well as its use by Facebook. And we are unable to assign this data to you as a person. More information about options for protecting your privacy on Facebook can be found in the privacy statements of Facebook online at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can manage which content and information you shared by using Facebook via the “Activity log” tool or download it from Facebook via the “Download your data” tool.
If you want to deactivate the retargeting via Facebook for your browser, please use the opt-out function in the cookie setting.
8.2 Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offers using ads (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. In so doing, our aim is to show you ads that are of interest to you, make our website more interesting for you, and achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) This advertising media is delivered by Google via a so-called “Ad Server”. To this end, we use Ad Server cookies through which certain parameters can be measured for the performance measurement, like insertion of ads or clicks by the user. If you reach our website from a Google ad, a cookie is stored by Google Adwords on your computer. These cookies generally lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to personally identify you. For this cookie the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions), as well as opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be contacted), are generally saved as analysis values.
(3) These cookies allow Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an AdWords customer and the cookie stored on his computer is not yet expired, Google and the customer are able to recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to every AdWords customer. Cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. We do not collect and process any personal data in the stated advertising measures. Google only provides us with statistical analyses. On the basis of these analyses, we are able to recognize which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive ad-ditional data from the use of advertising media. Moreover, we are unable to identify the users using this information.
(4) Owing to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct con-nection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further processing of the data that is collected by Google through the use of this tool, and we therefore inform you according to the level of information known: With the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google receives information that you called up the corresponding page of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered for a Google service, Google may assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or not logged in, there is the possibility that the provider finds out and saves your IP address.
(5) You can prevent the participation in this tracking process in different ways: a) with a corresponding setting in your browser software, particularly the rejection of third-party cookies means that you do not receive any ads from third-party providers; b) by deactivation of cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies are blocked from the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivation of the interest-related ads from providers, which are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads”, via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome under the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this offer.
By using the website or otherwise submitting your personal data or information on the website, you consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal data or information as described in this privacy statement. If you do not consent to this privacy statement, neither use this website nor submit your information through this website. You can revoke your consent again at any time for future effect. You can send your notice of revocation to email@example.com. Please note that we may be legally bound to continue to store your personal data or information despite receipt of the objection or cancellation. You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data or information for advertising purposes at any time. The contact details can be found at the bottom of this statement. Please clearly indicate the information that you wish to review or have changed. we will endeavour to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
10. Changes to this privacy statement
Due to the dynamic development of the Internet offer and possible legislative amendments, it may be necessary to adapt our privacy statement from time to time. Therefore, you should always take note of the current version of our privacy statement. Your continued use of our services after we post any modifications to the privacy statement on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified privacy statement.
11. Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this privacy statement. This privacy statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Pune, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.
12. Grievance Redressal Officer
If you have any questions or suggestions or wish to make a complaint you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL OFFICER – Balluff Automation India Private Limited
Name: Sunil Dighe
Address: Balluff Automation India Pvt. Ltd.
Office No- 201, Tower 1,
World Trade Center, Kharadi,
Pune, Maharashtra 411014