Absolute rotary encoder enables precise electric valve control
Balluff's Nonius 2-track absolute encoder disc technology, when combined with a high-quality sensing chip, delivers unparalleled accuracy for rotary valve position feedback. The system allows indexing of the rotating mechanism to a precise angular location, within < ±0.2° absolute error per rotation.
Unlike resistive potentiometer solutions, magnetic encoders are non-contact and wear-free for long service life. Other advantages of magnetic encoders for valve position feedback include immunity from contamination by dirt, dusts, and liquids, and higher tolerance of shock and vibration.
- Compact 30 mm outer diameter
- Off-axis sensor location minimizes effects of shaft runout and enables media to flow through the center in some applications
- 32/31 2-track Nonius system
- Pole pitch: 1.28 mm (master track), 0.96 (Nonius / vernier track)
- Compatible with popular reader chips such as iC-MU (iC-Haus)
- Aluminum carrier with rubber ferrite magnetic material
- Temperature range - 40° C to +85° C