Weld spatter resistant I/O modules with 8 IO-Link ports and expandable IO-Link I/O hubs
Network modules and I/O hubs specially designed with high noise immunity and built with high-end fiberglass reinforced composite
New standard for I/O in welding environment
New family of networking modules optimized for extremely noisy electrical environments, such as welding. This family of network modules are constructed with fiberglass reinforced composite (polypropylene sulfide) that inherently resists weld spatter while effectively combats grounding loops and electromagnetic interferences (EMI). These Weldblocks promote machine mount distributed modular architecture with IO-Link.
The network node with IO-Link master on the Weldblock communicates over EtherNet/IP with the PLC or the controller of the machine, while the IO-Link ports can be connected to a variety of IO-Link enabled smart devices or I/O hubs.
The Weldblock family includes expandable IO-Link I/O hubs to offer up to 240 configurable I/O per network node. Weldblocks from Balluff are equipped with a built-in enhanced web server and port diagnostics to ensure quick troubleshooting.
- 8 IO-Link ports for connecting IO-Link devices
- Up to 16 configurable inputs and outputs, each with an LED for error diagnostics
- Highly visible Status LED for monitoring the ports and network communication
- Full service integrated web server for configuration, diagnostics and monitoring
- Large display with push buttons for network configuration (version, IP address, module name, …)
- Expansion port on the IO-Link I/O hubs for connecting an IO-Link valve connector or another IO-Link I/O hub for high I/O density applications (increasing the I/O count up to max. 30 per IO-Link port)