Many applications in explosion hazard areas require the use of position measurement systems for reliable position feedback, for example, isolation and control valves used in oil and gas extraction, refineries, and petrochemical plants.
For Ex zones 0 and 1, Balluff offers magnetostrictive linear position sensors in various rod styles. Our pressure-encapsulated designs have varying performance profiles, for example, for areas where there is a risk relating to gas or dust. There are also variants available to you for use in Ex zone 2, which can withstand the potentially explosive conditions there.
The housings of our magnetostrictive linear position sensors are robust and pressure-encapsulated. The electronic module in the BTL J-DEXC version can be changed quickly and easily. This means that all variants meet the requirements set by the oil and gas industries for high reliability and simple servicing.
- IECEx, ATEX, NEC and many additional international certifications
- Approvals for zones 0 (1G), 1 (2G), 2 (3G), as well as 20 (1D), 21 (2D) and 22 (3D)
- Measurement ranges of up to 7620 mm
- Absolute output signal with high resolution of up to 5 µm
- Pressure-rated up to 600 bar
- Range of interfaces available
- Space-saving thanks to short housing
- Fast commissioning through characteristic curve adjustment