UHF data carrier (860…960 MHz)
Application-specific tags for UHF Applications
UHF technology for production control and intralogistics
Material flow control and parts tracking are among the main applications of UHF-RFID. UHF technology quickly and reliably identifies materials, products and returnable transport containers, containers or skids for supply chain management. The frequency global range from 860 to 960 MHz can be read up to 6+ meters.
Broad portfolio of UHF data carriers for diverse requirements
Balluff offers a wide spectrum of UHF carriers (so-called "tags") with different variants in a variety of form factors. All tags offer at least 100,000 write cycles and a nearly unlimited number of read cycles.
- Ultra-thin Smart Labels for non-metallic objects
- Smart Labels for special requirements
- Encapsulated Hard Tags – for metal and non-metal environments
Smart Labels for non-metallic objects
The self-adhesive, cost-effective data carriers come in various dimensions and different memory sizes. With versions that can be used and stored in an ambient temperature of –40 to +85 °C or a data carrier with a special omnidirectional antenna design that allows it to be detected in any orientation, this gives users flexibility. The ranges of the Smart Labels are typically between 2 and 6 meters depending on the variant. The PET and paper reel-form product can be dispensed automatically and can be printed on.
Smart Labels for specific requirements
Self-adhesive, silicone-free Smart Labels are available for applications in the supply chain, (container) logistics, in the paint shop or for the traceability of products.
- On metal labels for metal containers or vehicle components
- For paint-shop-optimized high-temperature on-metal labels
- Logistics labels in IP67 with wash-resistant protective laminate
Another Smart Label version is available for glass surfaces (e.g. automobile windshields). As a so-called "tamper-proof" label, it is destroyed upon detachment. This makes it ideal for parking management or toll identification.
Encapslated hard tags
The rugged on-metal tags are suitable for the supply chain, (intra)logistics, tool management or for production control. These are typically used on metal containers, metal frames, charge carriers and steel carriers, as well as tools and trays. They are available in multiple form factors and mounting options. This versatility allows you to select according to your individual requirements.
- Ceramic on-metal tags – ideal on metallic surfaces with limited installation space; with clear zone, flush installation in metal also possible
- Hard tags in IP68 – can be bolted onto metal and/or fastened using cable ties; for read ranges up to 6 m
- Self-adhesive on-metal tags