IO-Link Wireless Network Blocks
The IO-Link wireless master is part of the IO-Link wireless systems. In addition to a master, it consists of a sensor/actuator hub and/or a bridge. IO-Link wireless is a new radio standard that meets the high demands of factory automation.
The wireless master does not receive its data by cable, as is usually the case, but receives the sensor data by radio via a bridge or a hub. This delivers decisive advantages over a wired system - including simpler planning and installation, more flexibility in design and mobility, and the elimination of wear and tear on connectors and/or cables. It also makes it easier to retrofit existing systems.
- Easy configuration via integrated web server
- Operates in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz ISM band
- Range 10-20m in industrial environment
- Fast and reliable (latency 5ms, error rate 10-9)
- Easily scalable and expandable by integrating additional devices (up to 40 devices)