- Magnetostrictive linear position sensors for explosive areas
- Magnetostrictive linear position sensors for extreme environments
- Magnetostrictive linear position sensors for industrial hydraulics
- Magnetostrictive position measuring systems for long distances
- Magnetostrictive position measuring systems for mobile hydraulics
- Magnetostrictive sensors for fill level measurement in hygienic areas
- Redundant magnetostrictive linear position sensors
Magnetostrictive linear position sensors in profile housing
The BTL magnetostrictive linear position sensors from Balluff in a profile design are non-contacting and absolute measuring systems for precisely detecting one or more positions. They deliver outstanding performance in harsh environments, such as in presses, injection molding machines, or gantry robots, since they are made of an hermetically sealed IP67 aluminum housing. The magnets of the position encoder act on the measurement element through the wall of the aluminum profile.
The linear position sensors have flexible installation options. You can get the required position encoder in a floating or captive variant. As floating position encoders, they are attached directly to the moving machine component to be measured and move along with it at a certain distance above and along the profile. The advantage with this: The guiding precision is not subject to stringent requirements. The measurement systems tolerate a horizontal and vertical offset of just a few millimeters.
- High resolution of up to 0.5 µm
- Measuring lengths of up to 7620 mm
- Measures several positions and speeds at the same time
- Non-contacting, thus free from wear – no downtimes and a long service life
- Easy integration with equipment through a variety of interfaces – such as IO-Link, Profinet, EtherCAT, SSI, and analogously programmable output signals – in order to invert, configure, and document the measurement range
- Three housing variants for flexible and fast installation depending on the space requirements and application
- Floating and captive encoders
|Order code||Interface||Measuring length||Mechanical configuration||Ambient temperature||Non-linearity||Application||Actions|
BTL C1 - Profile PF - IO-LinkBTL C1 - Profile PF - IO-Link
|IO-Link||25...4000 mm||Flat profile - 21 x 35 mm||-25...85 °C||± 50 µm||Profile housing for external add-on|
BTL C1 - Profile PA - IO-LinkBTL C1 - Profile PA - IO-Link
|IO-Link||25...4000 mm||Round profile, Ø30 mm||-25...85 °C||± 50 µm||Profile housing for external add-on|
Please select which columns should be displayed.