Contactlessly transmit power and data
Fixed wiring of sensors and actuators has its disadvantages. Cables and contacts are frequently heavily stressed in automation so that cables can fatigue and break, thus resulting in a often costly unplanned downtime.
Balluff portfolio of inductive couplers offer unique contact less solution to transmit data and power across an air gap. Thus, no mechanical wear to worry about. The system availability is higher, the cycle times are shorter, the sequences are more flexible. The units can quickly be disconnected, are easy to handle and maintenance-free. enabling you to meet new demands quickly. As the inductive couplers are IP67 encased devices they are practically immune to water, dust and any other debris in the environment. The data transfer uses magnetic induction- even a barrier between the transmitter and receiver does not stop the data flow.
- No mechanical wear
- Higher system availability, shorter cycle times, more flexible sequences
- Quickly disconnectable, easy to handle, maintenance free
Inductive couplers for IO-Link signal transmission
- Simultaneous control of actuators and gathering of sensor signals
- AUX power for actuators can be switched on and off
- No configuration needed – simple installation via Plug and Work
- IO-Link functions through to the device
- Flexible process data length
Overall Product Catalog 2019
Performance portfolio – We speak IO-Link. Worldwide – in all areas