Absolute rotary encoders detect angular positions and assign unique values to the measured signals. Due to the absolute measuring principle, the values are always recorded anew and do not use past measurements, which means that the position of the machines and systems can always be specified reliably and unambiguously. Depending on your requirements, you can choose between a magnetic or optical encoder and between the single-turn or multi-turn variant.
Properties and advantages of absolute encoders
- Needs no homing run
- No data loss in case of power failures
- Corrosion resistant design with stainless steel housing
- Robust design for harsh environmental conditions
- Available interfaces, among others: RS485, SSI, CANopen
- Available as single-turn or multi-turn encoder
- Optical for precise, high-resolution measurements or magnetic for use in harsh environments
Please select which columns should be displayed.